Saturday, October 4, 2008

Highlights of the past week (or so):

28.09.08

In the evening, Mama and I went to watch Mamma Mia! with Anji, Dan, Acap and Cami at the Gardens. We got our tickets, strolled around the shops, buka-ed and had dinner at Alexis, then watched the movie.

And I can honestly say that I loved it. It's so...musical-ey. I like! And although he merely smiled when we asked, I bet Acap enjoyed it too. Hahah.

As the credits were rolling, the song Thank You For The Music came on, and instead of leaving right away, like most people were doing, we stayed a while, singing along. Except Acap of course. Hahah.

We stopped by at Borders and Baskin Robbins for a while before leaving.

Mamma Mia! is a must-watch! I can't wait till the musical comes to Malaysia!


30.09.08

Syed Imran Zulkarnain's 5th birthday. ;D


Photobucket


In the morning, we went to visit Tok's grave with Opah and the Husswans.

After that, we parted ways and the Ramlis (minus Arif and Amir) went to Subang Parade to get biskut raya from a shop that Auntie Anum told us about. We bought four kinds, then lepak-ed for a bit at MPH.

Then we dropped Mama and Jules at home, and Abah and I went to the Digital Mall where I got my new phone. :D

Yeah, I'd been considering getting a new phone for...a while, to put it simply.




Sony Ericsson
W660i
Rose Red

Ain't she a beaut...??? :D

It took Abah and I quite a while, checking out every shop in the building, comparing offers and prices. I was quite determined to get the red one, even though it's apparently one of the most difficult colors to get.

There were no red parallel import phones available that day, and one guy said he'd be able to get the red one the next day, so we were about to leave. But then we stopped by at one of the previous shops we'd gone to, just for one last inquiry. It was a Sony Ericsson shop, so they only sold the original, no parallel imports.

Earlier the guy had offered to sell the phone for RM800, and we'd walked away. Now the guy offered us RM690, which was a pretty good deal, since it was original, so I decided to take it. And YAY red was available. :D

Abah sponsored RM200, so I paid RM490. Man, was I happy. I could hardly stop grinning on the way back to the car.

I'm still getting used to converting from Nokia to Sony Ericsson... The only thing I haven't completely gotten the hang of is typing. The placement of the buttons are a little different from my old phone, so yeah.

That night, despite being a university student, I still went takbir-ing with Dan and Lisa (and Julia and Cams). Nana couldn't make it. :(

By the time we were finished, it was past midnight, I think. It was straight to sleep once we got back home.


01.10.08

Hari Raya!!!

As usual, we woke up early, went to Opah's house. This year I got to see both Lisa and Didi. ;) Didi didn't get to stay long though.

Sometime after lunch, Arlina and Nabilla brought us teens to McD, because we teringin McShaker fries again, haha.

Soon after we'd finished eating our McD, the Ramlis had to go, to get ready to balik Tampin.


02.10.08

In the evening, Abah took us (me, Amir, Arif, Julia, Rahim and Arif Kechik) to Tanjung Bidara, and hour's drive away. We stayed there around 2 hours, exploring the rocks and watching the kids (Jules and Rahim) bathe in the sea.

We left Tampin after dinner, stopping by at Seremban on the way home to visit Mak Ngah and Kak Aida.

While they were baking and getting tea in the kitchen, a bunch of us went outside to play with fire works. After exhausting our supply of spinners and sparklers, we were left with pop-pops, which would have been pretty boring, if not for the hilarious antics my cousins, dad, uncle and brother did with them.

After having some apricot-flavored tea, sirap and snacks, we all headed home. By the time we got back, it was one something in the morning.


03.10.08

We went to Opah's house as usual, except we didn't stay for dinner. Nevertheless, it was still fun. Sometime after lunch, the teens (me, Nana, Dana and Acap) went to 7-Eleven and KFC (no, not McD this time) to get snacks, feasting on them in the upstairs room while chatting.



As for today...nothing special happened. Just a normal, slightly boring day at home. I have a bunch of stuff I can do, though. Including assignments...

But I'm too lazy.

0 comments: